Monday, September 5, 2011

9/11



Empire State hrs© 03/28/2002



Journal entry March 28, 2002...

I went back to the hotel the Sheraton hotel on 7th and 53rd Streets, and was numb and sat in silence for a long time. I decided to get some liquor, a small bottle of Crown and coke, but needed to find a liquor store. On the way to Times Square, I saw a New York policeman.

“Yo Mr. Policeman,” Before my question was asked he said,
“No, I was not at “Ground Zero,”
“Okay," but where is there a liquor store?”
He looked at me and hugged me, and said,
“That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me since 9/11.”

He walked me to the liquor store and walked me back to the hotel. That's how intense the emotions where for New Yorkers.

I took the images on March 28, 2002, as homage to my dad's birthday, we visited the Twin Towers together, and I missed my dad. The image is one of 15 and what an emotional photo shoot and are viewable as a slideshow on YouTube.   

                  September 11, 2011 - Faded Memories 



New York, may peace come to you on the Anniversary Day of September 11, 2001. 


                                             "We Will Never Forget" ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment